All plant material in your landscape begins with proper planting, creating and maintaining an attractive, functional, and environmentally healthy landscape. It supports the plant growth, increases property value, and establishes a sustainable outdoor space. Proper planting will achieve the following:
1. Healthy Plant Growth: Proper planting ensures that plants have the right environment to thrive. This includes depth, spacing, and soil preparations, resulting in healthy roots and overall plant growth.
2. Plant Longevity: Plants that are planted correctly are more likely to live longer. Established plants with good roots can withstand stresses and adjust to climate changes.
3. Aesthetic Appeal: A landscape with properly placed and spaced plants will contribute to the visual appeal of the landscape. Properly designing the landscape will enhance the beauty of your outdoor space.
4. Environmental: Planted landscapes will produce a healthier environment. Trees, shrubs, and flowers provide shade, support wildlife, and reduces air pollution.
5. Property Value: Property value can be significantly increased with a well-landscaped property with trees, shrubs, and flowers. It creates curb appeal and makes the space more attractive.
6. Erosion: Planting the right landscape will help prevent soil from eroding on sloping terrain. The root system of established plants are very important in maintaining slopes and hills.
7. Water Needs: Proper planting includes grouping plants together with similar water needs. This provides water efficiency by avoiding various needs within a small space.
8. Invasive Species Control: Planting a landscape properly will help push out unwanted species of plants. Oftentimes, invasive species can creep into your landscape through neglect or incorrect landscaping techniques.