Proper tree pruning within your landscape is paramount for safety, aesthetics, and health of trees, as well as the overall health of your landscape. Here is a list of reasons why tree pruning is a must:
1. Healthy Trees: Pruning removes dead and diseased branches, improving sunlight within the canopy. This helps prevent diseases from stagnant air.
2. Growth: Enhanced growth occurs from properly pruning trees and shrubs. Taking away unnecessary branches will increase the health of existing limbs.3. Safety: Routine pruning removes weak, dead, or broken branches that could create a hazard to people, pets, and property. It greatly reduces the chance of falling branches or entire trees.
4. Curb Appeal: Pruning will enhance a tree’s shape and appearance, making it more attractive and flowing with its surroundings. Well-pruned trees provide an overall beauty of a well-maintained landscape.
5. Utility Line Clearing: Trees that grow near utility lines will need to be pruned periodically. Pruning these trees will lessen the likelihood of future power outages.
6. Historic Tree Preservation: Historic and exotic trees will benefit from proper pruning, extending their lifespan. This will allow future generations to enjoy the landscape the way we currently do.
7. Long-Term Costs: Keeping a routine schedule for pruning can be more cost-effective than emergency tree mitigation or extensive tree pruning.
8. Wildlife Habitat: Proper pruning in your landscape can reduce the likelihood that unwanted creatures will call your property home. Raccoons, skunks, and opossums are less likely to choose your manicured property.